From one Eric the Fruit Bat:
Here it is, in a nutshell:
(1) Do something.
(2) Start now.
(3) Keep it simple. You didn’t turn into a blob overnight and you won’t get back into shape overnight.
(4) I’m serious about that. Do five squats every morning for a week. Next week, do six. After that comes seven. You get the idea.
(5) I’m serious. That’s how it’s done. One day at a time. Patience is a virtue.
(6) It wasn’t so long ago I would have to undo my belt because it was too tight at 40 inches. Now it’s about 31 inches. And yes, the femoral arteries are plain as day.
(7) You want to know what does that? Squats, diet and consistency.
(8) Oh, and one more thing . . . start now.